Adrian Durso was born in the beautiful city of La Plata, the capital city of the province of Buenos Aires, where he took his first tango steps with his father Juan Durso, – a “milonguero” (popular, outstanding social dancer) and teacher-, who introduced him to the tango dancing when he was very young.
In 1991 Adrian continued his studies as a professional tango dancer and perfected his technique with distinguished masters and dancers, among them Diego Arizaga y Andrea Guassardo, Juan Carlos Copes, Antonio Todaro, Rodolfo Dinzel, Pocho Pizarro, Sergio Cortazzo, Gachi Fernández and Jorge Díspari.
Adrian not only studied tango with the best tango masters but also studied Graham and classical technique with Sue Fischenich and modern technique with Gerardo Litbak, which complemented his tango dance and technique background. Some years later, he discovered his passion and talent for singing. He started his studies in 2005 and made his first performance as a tango singer in Buenos Aires, in December 2010. After that, he performed at many tango clubs, well known milongas and concerts as a soloist singer both in Buenos Aires and abroad.
As a teacher, Adrian has gained popularity due to his self-designed teaching programs for the different levels of the classes, his charismatic personality, great humor and his great ability to reach an optimal level of communication with his students.
His first jobs as a tango instructor were for the City Hall of Vicente Lopez and the City Hall of Ensenada, both popular cities in the province of Buenos Aires, where he directed a “Tango Danza” workshop series. He was the only coach of the champion couple who won the “Torneos Bonaerenses” in 1993.
Later, Adrian became a Tango Judge for the “Torneos Juveniles Bonaerenses” (Tango Youth Tournaments) in October 2000. He continued teaching at different venues and tango clubs in Buenos Aires till he was hired as a tango master to teach workshops and to perform at “Academia de Tango Argentino” in Yokohama, Japan, July 2000.
He was one of the visiting tango masters teaching workshops at “Tangopeonia 2001″ a prestigious Argentinean Tango Festival in Viena, May-June 2001. Since then, he has traveled abroad to teach and perform as a regular Argentine tango visiting master has been conducting specific workshops (Tango, Vals, Milonga and Technique) for different levels from beginners to advanced, in many cities of countries in South America and Europe, being the most important: Costa Rica, Perú, Argentina, Denmark, Iceland, Faeroes Islands, Norway, Austria, UK, USA and Poland.
For the last 15 years, Adrian has been organizing and directing a two weeks cultural tango tour twice a year for foreign tangueros who want to get to know Buenos Aires city and its tango culture.
As a dancer, Adrian is outstanding in gentle leading technique, musical interpretation and floor craft. He dances “close embrace” salon style, which represents the traditional salon style of Buenos Aires.
He started dancing professionally with Andrea Monti in 2015, who he married three years later, in 2018, – and visited the USA for the first time in November that same year, working together as a solid couple in Texas and mostly in California (San Francisco South Bay area) where they made base. See CV Couple
Adrian directed special workshop series at several dance studios and milongas:
San Francisco: “Malevaje” milonga at Verdi Club, La Genesis Milonga, La Pista Tango Studio and Vercher Milonga;
Oakland: “Studio 1994” and Lake Merrit Milonga;
Sacramento: Tango on Broadway, Sacramento, The Ballroom of Sacramento;
Modesto: Modesto Tango;
Santa Cruz: Milonga “Desde el Alma” and El Palomar Ballroom;
San José: Círculo Argentino de San Jose, Starlite Ballroom and Dance Boulevard Ballroom;
Mountian View/Cupertino: Firebird Dance Studio in Mountain View,
Eureka: Humbold Tango;
Los Angeles: “Práctica Eléctrica” at Electric Lodge, milonga “El Encuentro” at the Tango Room Dance Center, milonga “El Abrojito”at Asosiación Argentina de Los Angeles, milonga “Tango Mio” at Candela’s and Milonga “The Tango Experience” at the women’s Club.
El Paso, Texas: Dance Works Studio, February 2018, Hawaii, Maui (Makawao Tango) and Oahu (Paradise Tango and Medici’s Oahu Tango, 2019).
MOST RECENT WORKS WITH DANCE PARTNER ANDREA MONTI
- Artistic Director and solo singer at Argentine Tango USA Official Championship and Festival 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019, performing with the renowned local orchestra “Seth Asarnow y su Sexteto Típico” and Mariano Barreiro Quartet”
- Argentine Tango Show, at the Mildred Owen Concert Hall, Pacifica, November 2019;
- “Saving Lives” Gala event produced by CSF Foundation of Bakersfield, California, on November 17, 2018 at the Seven Oaks Country Club, Bakersfield, CA.
- El Mundo is the world”Show with Orchestra Victoria from Buenos Aires, on tour throughout the most important cities in California, – November 2016. Twelve performances at the main theaters such as the Herbst Theater in San Francisco, Sherwood Hall in Salinas, Trianon Theater in San Jose, Lincoln Theatre in Napa Valley, Alex Theatre in Glendale, Los Angeles,- among others.
- Tango Show at the Feria Internacional de Biotegnología (2016 BIO International Convention) at the Moscone Center in San Francisco on June 7, 2016.
- “Alma de Tango” Show at the San Francisco Art Festivalon May 20, 2016.
- “Special Holiday season Tango Event” held at the JCC theater in Palo Alto on December 19, 2015.
Previous credits:Nationally (Argentina), Adrian Durso has danced at several relevant tango shows:
- Shows at “Teatro Argentino” and “Coliseo Podestá” theaters in La Plata, 1992.
- Special Guest Artists at different cultural events and the Arts Festival organized by La Plata City Hall and Ensenada City Hall, 1993
- Permanent starring dancer for the shows at legendary “Bar Sur” (famous tango show house) located in San Telmo, Buenos Aires, from 1994 to 1997.
- Special performance in famous Luna Park Stadium for the Cristian Castro’s Show. Buenos Aires, November 1996.
- Osvaldo Pugliese’s tribute at famous Teatro Alvear, Buenos Aires, December 1997.
- Tango show at “Casino Flotante de Puerto Madero” Buenos Aires (weekly performance) during 2002.
- Cast member of “La Musa del Fango”, theater play directed by Maria Edith Bernatene performing in Buenos Aires and Luxemburg from April to June 2004.
- Adrian also performed regularly at famous show clubs, hotels, restaurants, tango houses and legendary tango cafés in Buenos Aires, such as La Casa de Aníbal Troilo, Café Homero, La esquina de Homero Manzi, Café Tortoni, Sheraton Hotel, Restaurant El Mirasol de Puerto Madero, El Divino (Puerto Madero), Hotel Caesar, Hotel Plaza, and at well-known traditional milongas: Confiteria Ideal and Sunderland Club.
- Additionally, he had the opportunity to perform with many of the most important renowned tango artists such as Ernesto Baffa, Osvaldo Berlinghieri, Nelly Vasquez, María Graña, Roberto Ruffino, Silvia Gaudín, Virgilio Expósito, Omar Valente, Osvaldo “Marinero” Montes, Walter Ríos, Chiqui Pereira, Alberto Bianco and Hugo Marcel.
Internationally (Europe, Japan, Central and South America and USA) he participated as a teacher and dancer at distinguished festivals and shows, very successfully since 1997, such as:
- Tango shows at the Hotel Camino Real, San José de Costa Rica. June 1998.
- Tango Show “Argentina se presenta así” with Silvia Gaudín and Alberto del Solar. Lima, Perú, November 1998.
- Japan Tour with “Valentango” Tango Show in Yokohama, Tokio, Kioto among the most important cities. Directed by Omar Valente, in 1997 and again in 2000.
- Special performance and interview for Japanese T.V., January 2000 and November 2000.
- “Tangopeonia” Argentinian Tango Festival in Vienna, Austria, May-June 2001.
- Special Guest at Tango Festival of Luxembourg. April – Jun 2004.
- “Puro Bicho Tango Festival” Copenhagen, Denmark, August 2008.
- Since 2002 till today, he has visited Nordic countries (Denmark, Norway, Iceland and Faeroe Islands) annually to perform as a dancer and a singer.
- In 2014 he was invited to perform as the main dancer and solo singer at several shows and concerts in Poland such as “Argentine Evening at the Casimir Castle” and Show and Milonga at Grand Hotel Rzeszów.